All are welcome with NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Rowing is not only a sport but a gateway to unforeseen opportunity. The experiences that you have and the people that you meet will stay with you throughout your life, wherever you may go after graduation. The skills that you garner at practice can be used every day, in the classroom and in the "real world." The rowing community extends beyond the boundaries of city, state, and country, connecting people globally. Once you join rowing, you'll constantly meet new people who are rowers (or who know a rower).
This team focuses on strengthening women and building a close team environment of Davis students with a wide variety of major studies. We encourage a competitive atmosphere and strive for the betterment of every member on the team. This program provides a challenge that pushes limits physically and mentally. With this program comes the chance to travel around the country competing against NCAA DI, DII, DIII, and club teams, while gaining life long friends.
No prior athletic experience is required. UC Davis Rowing is home to National Champions and Olympians that walked on with little or no athletic experience. While being tall has its advantages in the sport, we welcome all that are willing to put forth a good effort to make up the difference, as well as all those interested in joining as coxswains. Must be academically-eligible and a full-time UC Davis student.
- Free trial period for two weeks at the beginning of Fall quarter
- Monday-Saturday | 5:00am-8:00am (all students with 8:00am classes are guaranteed to be back on campus in time for class)
- Three day weekends | preferred availability for double practices
- Spring Break | double practices
$650 per quarter includes:
- Use of team equipment and uniforms
- Experienced and committed coaching staff
- Carpool to and from the boathouse ( located at the Port of West Sacramento, 15 minutes from campus )
- Transportation, hotel, and food expenses for travel races ( Folsom, CA | San Diego, CA | Gainesville, GA)
*NOTE: We are accommodating with any financial situation, just let us know!
Fall 2017 Information Meetings:
We are now recruiting for the 2017-2018 Season! Come out for the coolest sport on campus!
- Fall Info Meeting details are TBA!
- Follow us on social media to stay in the loop through the summer!
Interested in learning more? Submit your name and email to be added to our email list to get all the details about our Fall Quarter information meetings!
Have questions about the team? Send us an email and we will get back to you ASAP!